Saturday, May 29, 2010

First few days down.

Well I finally have a little bit of time to write a little bit. Since I got down here, I've met tons of people, although I find it very difficult to remember all the names. There are 92 students on Project and I knew none of them before I carpooled from the Twin Cities area down here. I've already swam in the ocean two times at night with the full moon and it was warm and the air was still warm. I haven't worn a jacket yet and if anybody knows me... that must mean it's decently warm. It's been in the 80's so far and gets into the upper 60's at night.

I have moved into my apartment I'll be staying at and I have 3 awesome roommates. I just swam in the ocean and hung out on the beach a bit today as well. Yesterday was day 1 of 2 for job hunting which explains why I had the free time to hit the beach today. I got a job at Chick-Fil-A yesterday. The managers came to our project site and explained everything among some other employers from McDonalds. There were more project options as well as places that people have worked in the past.

I told myself I wasn't going to work fast food again, but Chick-Fil-A is different in quite a few ways than the other places and about 12ish other project students are also working there. We applied, got accepted, went through orientation, and ordered uniforms yesterday and we're entered into the system. It was so convenient for the job to just come to us. Some people are still looking for jobs now including one of them being one of my roommates.

We've been having various project orientation type things going on this week so far and it's been great getting to know everyone and seeing God work in unique ways. I've done one outreach so far, but am soon to do more. At night, we've been singing praise songs on the beach together and it's just a great place to focus on God with all of my new friends.

Please be praying for boldness for everyone on project and for open hearts for the people that we will be sharing with that we would be led by the Holy Spirit and that God would use us in really incredible ways in the lives of those at our work places and on the beach!

Until later,
Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment